Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Question with backup-data growth rates?

2005-10-05 12:58:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Question with backup-data growth rates?
From: Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com (Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com)
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 10:58:11 -0600
You can search back accurately to the depth of your retention policies.  The
image information that's stored for restoration purposes contains the amount
of data backed up.  With bpimagelist & some scripting, what you're
suggesting is possible.

Otherwise, as Ed suggests, for searches past your retention dates, a
third-party product or effort on your part is necessary.

-M