Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Linux as a master/media server

2005-10-05 10:12:50
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Linux as a master/media server
From: dlogcher AT MIT DOT EDU (Dan Logcher)
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 10:12:50 -0400
--------------050107000003040608080806

So put a rinky-dink SunBlade 150 in place as an ACSLS server.

How do people feel about running ACSLS on the Master server
itself?

--
Dan

Steven L. Sesar wrote:

> The only 'NIX that ACSLS supports is Solaris.
>

> Charles Ballowe wrote:
>
>>Is ACSLS running on your master/media server - Last I looked it only
>>supported Solaris and maybe AIX - that might be a killer for using
>>ACSLS on linux. Are you sharing your robot with others? Is there any
>>reason to use ACSLS? TLD control works just fine for those robots and
>>is far less expensive to implement than ACSLS.
>>
>>-Charlie
>>
>>On 10/4/05, Jerry <juanino AT yahoo DOT com> wrote:
>>

>>>I'm considering replacing my aging Solaris box with a
>>>Linux system.  Does anyone have any opinions on how
>>>well Veritas supports Linux as a Master server, Media
>>>server, or both.  In the past it seemed some features
>>>were only available in Solaris, but I can't recall
>>>specifics.
>>>
>>>Currently I have an L700e with ACSLS for library
>>>control.  I'm especially interested in any of the tape
>>>drive whackiness that might exist in Linux since
>>>Veritas is relatively new to Veritas on Linux
>>>(compared to Solaris).
>>>
>>>How about mixing media/master servers.... keeping my
>>>master server as a Solaris box, with Linux media servers???

>--
>===================================
>
>   Steven L. Sesar
>   Senior Operating Systems Programmer/Analyst
>   UNIX Application Services R101
>   The MITRE Corporation
>   202 Burlington Road - KS101
>   Bedford, MA 01730
>   tel: (781) 271-7702
>   fax: (781) 271-2600
>   mobile: (617) 893-9635
>   email: ssesar AT mitre DOT org
>
>===================================

--------------050107000003040608080806

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
So put a rinky-dink SunBlade 150 in place as an ACSLS server.<br>
How do people feel about running ACSLS on the Master server<br>
itself?<br>
--<br>
Dan<br>
Steven L. Sesar wrote:
  <title></title>
The only 'NIX that ACSLS supports is Solaris.<br>
Charles Ballowe wrote:
 cite="mid5ad478c0510050701l7def603fg12e2ad6ccff13815 AT mail.gmail DOT com"
 type="cite">
    <pre wrap="">Is ACSLS running on your master/media server - Last I looked
it only
supported Solaris and maybe AIX - that might be a killer for using
ACSLS on linux. Are you sharing your robot with others? Is there any
reason to use ACSLS? TLD control works just fine for those robots and
is far less expensive to implement than ACSLS.

-Charlie

On 10/4/05, Jerry <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
 href="mailto:juanino AT yahoo DOT com">&lt;juanino AT yahoo DOT com&gt;</a>
wrote:
  </pre>
      <pre wrap="">I'm considering replacing my aging Solaris box with a
Linux system.  Does anyone have any opinions on how
well Veritas supports Linux as a Master server, Media
server, or both.  In the past it seemed some features
were only available in Solaris, but I can't recall
specifics.

Currently I have an L700e with ACSLS for library
control.  I'm especially interested in any of the tape
drive whackiness that might exist in Linux since
Veritas is relatively new to Veritas on Linux
(compared to Solaris).

How about mixing media/master servers.... keeping my
master server as a Solaris box, with Linux media servers???

__________________________________
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://mail.yahoo.com";>http://mail.yahoo.com</a>

    </pre>
    <pre wrap=""><!---->
  </pre>
  <pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">--
===================================

   Steven L. Sesar
   Senior Operating Systems Programmer/Analyst
   UNIX Application Services R101
   The MITRE Corporation
   202 Burlington Road - KS101
   Bedford, MA 01730
   tel: (781) 271-7702
   fax: (781) 271-2600
   mobile: (617) 893-9635
   email: <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
 href="mailto:ssesar AT mitre DOT org">ssesar AT mitre DOT org</a>

  </pre>

--------------050107000003040608080806--