Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RE: Permission change after restore

2005-10-03 17:02:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RE: Permission change after restore
From: JWilliams <jfwilli AT gmail DOT com> (JWilliams)
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 17:02:26 -0400
------=_Part_405_9741445.1128373346838

It is a security issue. This is doing exactly what it is suppose to do. You
must reset the permissions after a reset.
If you were able to restore the files with all the same permissions, it
would be really easy to spoof the server. If you had access to one server
you could very easily restore to another server, and then gain full access
to that server if you did it correctly.

Message: 1