Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Upgrading Tape library and want to copy tapes to new format...

2005-10-03 14:35:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Upgrading Tape library and want to copy tapes to new format...
From: thoke AT northpeak DOT org (Tim Hoke)
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 13:35:07 -0500
Mark,

The simple answer is duplicate.  And that license is part of the base
product.

To make the duplications "faster", you'll want to make sure both
libraries (actually drives for duplication) are connected to the same
host (to avoid sending data over the network).

Once they've migrated all the data, they can expire the originals (AIT)
and all future restores will request the copy of data that's on LTO.

As far as how to do it... You'll probably just want to get a list of
all the backup ids and break them up by retention level, then feed each
list of backup ids to a bpduplicate.

HTH
-Tim