Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Can Media Servers share Media?

2005-09-22 14:52:04
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Can Media Servers share Media?
From: Gregory.Geyer AT Avnet DOT com (Geyer, Gregory)
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 11:52:04 -0700
What you need is the "Vault" option.

This will allow you to consolidate images from media owned by various
media servers to maximize tape utilization for tapes going offsite.  It
specifically allows a read media server to take images from other media
servers and put them on a tape or set of tapes.

If you own Vault, reference the Admin guide.  If you don't I'm not sure
how much the option costs.

G.