Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] **** Assistance Plz ;-) *****

2005-09-20 12:57:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] **** Assistance Plz ;-) *****
From: cballowe AT gmail DOT com (Charles Ballowe)
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 11:57:11 -0500
What do you mean "against its time frame" - the windows in netbackup
are not the window where the backup must complete, but the window
where the backup must start. I would suggest that, If you have a
certain set of jobs that MUST finish by a time, that you make their
window only extend to that time minus the amount of time you expect
the job to run. I.e. if the job takes 3 hours to complete, and the
service must be up by 6AM, consider having the start window only
extend until 2 or 3 AM to give room for those days when it runs a
little long.

If you must set up something to kill jobs, consider having a script
run from cron at each of the time frames when you have systems that
need to end and services start. Checking against the start window
would be very ugly.

-Charlie