Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] command line reporting

2005-09-13 12:37:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] command line reporting
From: David Rock <dave-bu AT graniteweb DOT com> (David Rock)
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 11:37:07 -0500
--Y7xTucakfITjPcLV

* Brzozowski, Dwayne <Dwayne.Brzozowski AT mail.va DOT gov> [2005-09-13 09:51]:
>  I have used this and still don't like it. Having to edit the bp.conf to
> manipulate reporting is not a good idea, not to mention, if there is more
> then one person doing this, it can affect all the backups if a mistake is
> made.=20

you can use bpdbjobs -report -all_columns or bpdbjobs -report -most_columns=
 and then
just parse it yourself. There is some good documentation about the
fields at this webpage (the Python code is mine if you have that
available):

http://www.backupcentral.com/foms/netbackup-serve/cache/194.html

--=20
David Rock