Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 99 errors

2005-09-13 10:38:06
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 99 errors
From: kevin73 AT phoenixpyre DOT net (Kevin Smallwood)
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 14:38:06 +0000
----=_vm_0011_W2208932476_11677_1126622286

 NDMP by design cannot use disk staging. How do you have thisconfigured? =
NDMP based backups have direct attached drives connected tothe NAS device=
. Status 99 is a "NDMP Halt" error - it is a very genericerror - so its d=
ifficult to determine what is causing it. Since you sayit just started ha=
ppening today, check the NDMP logs on the master aswell as on the NAS dev=
ice (if that logging is turned on). Also useset_ndmp_attr -verify on the =
master to determine if those NAS devicesare properly authenticating with =
the master. It could also be a batchof bad media causing media write time=
 outs, but since this is NDMP andnot a standard backup, its showing a Sta=
tus 99 rather than a 14 or 84.