Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Process for Solaris Netbackup agent

2005-09-06 11:21:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Process for Solaris Netbackup agent
From: mlv03 AT healthresearch DOT org (Mike L. Varney)
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 11:21:44 -0400
The Netbackup agent is being started on Solaris by virtue of an attempted
connection on the designated port.  Check /etc/inetd.conf.

-- M

             Paul Greene
             <techlists@comcas
             t.net>                                                     To
             Sent by:                  veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

             veritas-bu-admin@                                          cc
             mailman.eng.aubur
             n.edu                                                 Subject
                                       [Veritas-bu] Process for Solaris
                                       Netbackup agent
             09/06/2005 10:52
             AM

What process initiates the Netbackup agent on a system running Solaris 9.0?

Our backups have been failing on a Solaris server, in a mostly Windows
environment. The Netbackup agent does not appear to be running on the
Solaris box, and I'm not sure what process kicks it off.

We don't have GUI access to the box, so the Java console can't be used;
we have to start the agent from the command line.

Thanks

PG