Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Stand-alone tape drive

2005-09-02 06:55:20
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Stand-alone tape drive
From: jmhoward AT gmail DOT com (John Howard)
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 06:55:20 -0400
------=_Part_16844_10458421.1125658520769

is there an error message?=20

is the tape availabe or active? or is it frozen, dbbackup or some other=20
status as reported by /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/goodies/available_media=20
(assuming unix)=20

On 9/2/05, Drunen van, Marcel <marcel.drunenvan AT nl.unisys DOT com> wrote:
>=20
> All,
>=20
> A customer of mine has one remote location with a stand-alone tape
> drive. He rotates the tape cartridges manually every day. Since last
> week, Netbackup refuses to use the tapecartridge that is in the drive. I
> already checked that the cartridge is recognized by AVRD, and the
> 'stand-alone drive extensions' are disabled. So according to the manual
> it should work. Does anyone have any idea why this doesn't work anymore?
>=20
> Kind regards,
>=20
> Marcel van Drunen
> UNISYS The Netherlands
>=20

------=_Part_16844_10458421.1125658520769

is there an error message? <br>
is the tape availabe or active? or is it frozen, dbbackup or some other
status as reported by /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/goodies/available_media
s=3D"gmail_sendername">Drunen van, Marcel</b> &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:marcel.=
drunenvan AT nl.unisys DOT com">marcel.drunenvan AT nl.unisys DOT com</a>&gt;
wrote:</spa=
n>
204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">All,<br><br>A cus=
tomer of mine has one remote location with a stand-alone tape<br>drive. He =
rotates the tape cartridges manually every day. Since last
I<br>already checked that the cartridge is recognized by AVRD, and the<br>'=
stand-alone drive extensions' are disabled. So according to the manual<br>
it should work. Does anyone have any idea why this doesn't work anymore?<br=
sp;&nbsp;-&nbsp;&nbsp;
mailman DOT eng=
.auburn.edu</a><br><a href=3D"http://mailman.eng.auburn.edu/mailman/listinf=