Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] disk storage units

2005-07-28 10:57:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] disk storage units
From: jack.l.forester AT lmco DOT com (Jack L. Forester, Jr.)
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 10:57:32 -0400
If I'm not mistaken, images are candidates for removal from the DSSU
after they have been duplicated to tape.  NBU will remove these images
if it needs to make room.

 From the NBU 5.1 Sysadmin guide, volume 1:

"When a Stage I process detects a full disk staging storage unit, it
pauses the backup, finds the oldest image that has been successfully
copied to the destination storage unit, and expires this image copy."