Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] disk storage units

2005-07-28 09:59:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] disk storage units
From: ewilts AT ewilts DOT org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 08:59:03 -0500
On Thu, Jul 28, 2005 at 01:49:37PM +0200, Arne Kloecker wrote:
> i added some disk storage units. All of them are NOT "on demand only".
> The classes do not ask for a specific storage unit either.
>
> But when the first disk storage unit is full, the backups fail. They
> won't use the next disk storage unit (which is free).
>
> Does anyone know how i can make veritas use disk STUs just like tape
> STUs (in the way that if one is unavailable it trys the next).

Short answer:  you can't.  When the DSSU fills, you'll get an error 84.
This is resolved in NBU 6.0 (I've been told this several times by
Veritas engineers - hopefully this functionality won't be pulled before
6.0 ships).

Currently, you need to schedule your duplication jobs more frequently to
ensure that your DSSU won't fill.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts AT ewilts DOT org