Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Dual port HBA - 1 port disk, 1 port tape...good or bad?

2005-07-27 11:54:50
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Dual port HBA - 1 port disk, 1 port tape...good or bad?
From: David_Cornely AT intuit DOT com (Cornely, David)
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 08:54:50 -0700
I think this is probably okay and the card could handle it fine but if
you're using an E450 your internal system bus may have bandwidth limitations
considering the age of that technology and today's tape/disk speeds.

I remember when we upgraded our media server from and E4500 to a v440 and we
were just blown away by the speed increases.  You're talking about using a
server that's 2+ generations old, they just can't push the same amount of
data that present day systems can.