Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Important -About Veritas Netbackup Security???

2005-07-27 11:17:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Important -About Veritas Netbackup Security???
From: Charles Ballowe <cballowe AT gmail DOT com> (Charles Ballowe)
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 10:17:34 -0500
I think the veritas flaw mentioned is the one in this article:
http://www.technewsworld.com/rsstory/44353.html

The flaw is in Backup Exec, not NetBackup.

That doesn't mean NetBackup is completely in the clear - just that if
there's a flaw it's not an exposed flaw.

But -- you need to keep your media servers locked down pretty well.
Consider the power of commands like bpinst and bpgp.

-Charlie