Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Storage Unit Groups consisting of Disk Staging Units?

2005-07-21 09:53:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Storage Unit Groups consisting of Disk Staging Units?
From: thoke AT northpeak DOT org (Tim Hoke)
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 08:53:00 -0500
Hi Mike,

I'm not sure what is keeping you from selecting the STU Group, but
that's probably a moot point.  DSSU's in STU Groups just don't work
right now.  There's no way to mark a DSSU as "Down" or "Unavailable"
therefore, there's no mechanism to fail over to the second DSSU in the
list.

I do know there will be enhancements in this area in 6.0 and you will
be able to set thresholds or something like that on the DSSU itself.
At that point, DSSU's in STU Groups will work.

FWIW, your theory on multiple relocation jobs (ie, one per dssu) is a
good one, you just can't do it with the STU Group.  You might just have
to explicitly specify a subset of jobs to each DSSU.  Also, just in
case you haven't already done this, make sure each DSSU is on it's own
file system.  If it's not, you'll run into cleanup problems when one
fills up and can't find anything to clean up.

HTH
-Tim