Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Retired server and old media

2005-07-20 09:30:17
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Retired server and old media
From: Greg.Hindle AT constellation DOT com (Hindle, Greg)
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 09:30:17 -0400

------_=_NextPart_001_01C58D2F.2AC072B6

There was a media server that was retired several months ago, and
supposedly the media database was transferred. We have now discovered a
tape that is still assigned to the old media server and it is needed for
a restore. We are unable to inject it into the library because netbackup
still thinks it still belongs to the retired media server. We have tried
using bpmedia -movedb -newserver <newserver> -oldserver <oldserver>, but
that didnt work. Any other ideas?
=20
=20
Greg
=20

>>> The information contained in this e-mail transmission is privileged and=
/or confidential intended solely for the exclusive use of the individual ad=
dressee. If you are not the intended addressee you are hereby notified that=
 any retention, disclosure or other use is strictly prohibited. If you have=
 received this notification in error, please immediately contact the sender=
 and delete the material.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C58D2F.2AC072B6

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dus-ascii">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2900.2668" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>There was a media server that was retired =
several=20
months ago, and supposedly the media database was transferred. We have now=
 discovered a tape that is still assigned to the old media server and it is=
 needed for a restore. We are unable to inject it into the library because=
 netbackup still thinks it still belongs to the retired media server. We ha=
ve=20
tried using bpmedia -movedb -newserver &lt;newserver&gt; -oldserver=20
&lt;oldserver&gt;, but that didnt work. Any other ideas?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV align=3Dleft><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV align=3Dleft><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Greg</FONT><FONT face=3DArial=
 size=3D2></FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><FONT SIZE=3D2><BR>
<BR>
<BR>
>>> The information contained in this e-mail transmission is privileged and=
/or confidential intended solely for the exclusive use of the individual ad=
dressee. If you are not the intended addressee you are hereby notified that=
 any retention, disclosure or other use is strictly prohibited. If you have=
 received this notification in error, please immediately contact the sender=
 and delete the material.<BR>
</FONT>
</BODY></HTML>

------_=_NextPart_001_01C58D2F.2AC072B6--