Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Help with scheduling

2005-07-18 20:33:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Help with scheduling
From: Dean <dean.deano AT gmail DOT com> (Dean)
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 10:33:11 +1000
------=_Part_3476_12380467.1121733191539

I agree with everything that Wayne and Ed said.
 3 months is waaay too long between full backups.=20
 Try to work out how many of those incrementals you'll have to apply when=
=20
you need to do a full system restore to the day *before* your quarterly ful=
l=20
backup is due to run. You should really try to do fulls at least once a=20
week.
 Also, the 1 week retention on your daily backups is too small. Somebody=20
*will* want that spreadsheet/mailbox/mp3 restored from "Wednesday 2 weeks=
=20
ago".
 HTH,
Dean
 On 7/19/05, Larsen, Errin M HMMA/Information Technology Department <
errinlarsen AT hmmausa DOT com> wrote:=20
>=20
> 1) Full Backup, retention 1 year, every 3 months (1 time per quarter),
> on the 1st Sunday of that month

------=_Part_3476_12380467.1121733191539

en you need to do a full system&nbsp;restore to the day *before* your quart=
erly full backup is due to run.&nbsp;You should really try to do fulls at l=
east once a week.
mebody *will* want that spreadsheet/mailbox/mp3 restored&nbsp;from &quot;We=
dnesday 2 weeks ago&quot;.</div>
Larsen, Errin M HMMA/Information Technology Department</b> &lt;<a href=3D"m=
ailto:errinlarsen AT hmmausa DOT com">errinlarsen AT hmmausa DOT com</a>&gt;
wrote:</span=

px 0px 0.8ex; BORDER-LEFT: #ccc 1px solid">1) Full Backup, retention 1 year=
, every 3 months (1 time per quarter),<br>on the 1st Sunday of that month</=
blockquote>

------=_Part_3476_12380467.1121733191539--