Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] What is the Latest Version of Enterprise Server / Datacenter ?

2005-07-15 03:17:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] What is the Latest Version of Enterprise Server / Datacenter ?
From: Charles Ballowe <cballowe AT gmail DOT com> (Charles Ballowe)
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 02:17:32 -0500
I had some problems with MP2 that were fixed by MP3. MP3A should have
been out on the 13th and the technote about why it was pulled gave
indication of the conditions required to encounter the problems - in
my environment those conditions aren't met, but I will be going to
MP3A just to be safe.

Overall, MP3 has been far better than MP2.

-Charlie

for the curious - with MP2, I would often (once or twice a week) have
jobs stop sending data and I'd come in in the morning to find 3 or 4
jobs still marked as running. I'd make an educated guess at which one
was the problem - could often be deduced from the logs - and when I
ended that job, it and all of the other running ones would stop and
show an error status of 24. This completely went away with MP3, so I
can't recommend MP2.