Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 5.1 MP3 Flashbackup restores

2005-07-14 13:39:06
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 5.1 MP3 Flashbackup restores
From: cfeskens AT willamette DOT edu (Casey Feskens)
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 10:39:06 -0700
Ed Wilts wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 14, 2005 at 12:28:34PM -0400, Ashby, Andrew wrote:
>
>>We just started using Flashbackup on one of our bigger servers - and yes
>>the backup speed increased dramatically.
>>
>>However, as it stands right now - we cannot restore anything but the
>>whole volume.
>>
>>According to our SE and the doc I can find, we should be able to do a
>>single file restore from this backup.
>>
>>Is this incorrect?

We're experiencing a similar issue since upgrading from 4.5 to 5.1 MP3,
at least as far as doing restores from older backups.  Backups that
were created after the upgrade seem to work fine for us, but backups
created before the upgrade seem to hang.

Also, trying to verify those older backups (which previously verified
successfully) now throw us some verify errors about a 'gigabyte
size mismatch'.

I haven't had an opportunity to look at it yet, but we've been
experiencing a similar problem, and I'd love to hear a solution.

Take care,

Casey Feskens <cfeskens AT willamette DOT edu>
System Administrator/Network Svcs. Consultant
Willamette Integrated Technology Services
Willamette University, Salem, OR