Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] restoring from incomplete backups

2005-07-14 07:08:25
Subject: [Veritas-bu] restoring from incomplete backups
From: ida3248b AT post.cybercity DOT dk (ida3248b AT post.cybercity DOT dk)
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 13:08:25 +0200
Hello BB

As far as I known the only you do is to freeze the tapes so that image is not
overwritten.

The first I would try was an import of the tapes in question, if that dosn't
work I would use netbackup tar to list/extract the data from the tapes

The fragement size is way to make restore of single files faster as you only
to read the fragement containing the file as opposed to the whole tape
(unlimited fragment size)

Regards
Michael

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 06:51:11 +0000, Broun, Bevan wrote