Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Virtual Tape Libraries and D2D2T backups

2005-07-13 16:38:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Virtual Tape Libraries and D2D2T backups
From: Vincent_Mase AT harvardpilgrim DOT org (Vincent_Mase AT harvardpilgrim DOT org)
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 16:38:24 -0400
Question 1:
Interested in feedback regarding pros and cons VTL Vendors.   We are looking at
ADIC Pathlight, EMC
CDL, FalconStor and Sepaton.   On the surface I like the ADIC because it can
make a physical tape
from a Virtual, without involving the backup application to make the duplicate,
but you are locked
into using their disk on the back-end.  FalconStore is disk agnostic so you can
use anybody's disk
on the back-end.  EMC is just FalconStore bundled into an EMC CX array.
Sepaton uses there own
disks but has a lot of appealing features.  If anyone is using or evaluating
these products and
cares to share an opinion I would like to hear  it.

Question 2:   Interested in hearing from anyone using DSSU's  and if they are
experiencing all the
headaches that the VTL vendors use as selling points for their products.

Vincent Mase

The information contained in this email message and any attachments may be
privileged and/or confidential.  It is for intended addressee(s) only.  If you
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review,
disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other use of this communication is
strictly prohibited.  If you received this email in error, please notify the
sender by reply and delete the message without saving, copying or disclosing
it.  Thank you.