Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Multiple Streams

2005-07-13 09:59:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Multiple Streams
From: Robert.Stump.ctr AT dla DOT mil (Stump, Robert (Contractor) (J6B))
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 09:59:21 -0400
first line should be NEW_STREAM

NEW_STREAM
D:\
NEW_STREAM
E:\ONE
E:\TWO
E:\THREE
NEW_STREAM
E:\FOUR
...etc

-----Original Message-----
From: veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
[mailto:veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu] On Behalf Of Larsen,
Errin M HMMA/Information Technology Department
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2005 9:39 AM
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

Hi NBUers,

  I have a policy which I want to configure with multiple streams.  I am
slightly confused about how this works.  When I create the 'backup
selctions' list, it looks something like this:

D:\
NEW_STREAM
E:\ONE
E:\TWO
E:\THREE
NEW_STREAM
E:\FOUR
E:\FIVE
E:\SIX
NEW_STREAM
E:\SEVEN
E:\EIGHT
E:\NINE
E:\TEN
E:\ELEVEN
NEW_STREAM
E:\TWELVE
E:\THIRTEEN

  Now, from what I've read, with the above configuration, 5 jobs would
be created, one backing up D:\, one backing up E:\ONE through E:\THREE,
one backing up E:\FOUR through E:\SIX, and so on.  What I've observed,
however, is that 14 jobs are created, one for each directory specified.
My configuration follows:

Master Server:  Solaris 9, VERITAS NBU Enterprise 5.0 with the '4' level
patch on it
Client: Windows 2003, also with the '4' level patch

Policy Type: MS-windows-NT
Jobs/Policy: 5
Allow Multiple Data Streams: Yes
Media Multiplexing: 1

  Am I just reading these docs wrong?  Am I configuring something wrong?

  Thanks for any help.

--Errin