Veritas-bu

RES: RES: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup clients with gigabit interface

2005-07-08 14:30:29
Subject: RES: RES: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup clients with gigabit interface
From: charles.hart AT medtronic DOT com (Hart, Charles)
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 13:30:29 -0500
There's a process that Veritas provides to run a backup job to nul that logs
the throughput... This should be able to tell you if its NBU or not.

1. Create log dir for bpkar - On the client
"<install_path>\NetBackup\logs\bpbkar"

2. Next, run the following command:
<install_path>\Netbackup\bin\bpbkar32 -nocont <backup_path> > NUL
2>c:\throughput.txt
(Where <backup_path> is a subdirectory which contains approximately 100 megs
of representative files.)

3. Once this throughput test has completed, the bpbkar logging directory
should contain a log and the throughput.txt

Hope this helps