Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NB51MP3 high cpu loads caused by bpdm?

2005-07-07 15:29:22
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NB51MP3 high cpu loads caused by bpdm?
From: kfhemness AT ucdavis DOT edu (Kathryn Hemness)
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 12:29:22 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks for the suggestions, Bill.

I have 2GB of physical RAM.  So I set my shmmax to 536870912
(I cheated and used half the value that you indicated in your
4GB RAM example).  Then I reinstated the NUMBER_DATA_BUFFERS_DISK
and SIZE_DATA_BUFFERS_DISK files with the values indicated in
Veritas Ref. Doc. 273532 (buffers=16 and size=1048576).

Following a reboot for the updated /etc/system file, I was able to
initiate some successful backups.  The real test of these changes
will be when all of my backup windows open tonight.