Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpexpdate

2005-07-01 12:36:22
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpexpdate
From: ewilts AT ewilts DOT org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 11:36:22 -0500
On Fri, Jul 01, 2005 at 04:31:18PM +0100, Ellwood, MW (Mike) wrote:
> I don't know if they have gotten around to rationalising some of their
> parameter names these days
> (I'd like to think so ...).

Let's hope that they did for 6.0 because they certainly didn't for 5.0.
Some commands take -C for the client, some take -c, and yet others take
-m.  I understand Veritas's issue though - if they change the
parameters, customers' scripts will break and they'll get yelled for
that instead.  Damned if you do and damned if you don't :-)

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts AT ewilts DOT org