Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] upgrade problems 4.5FP3-5.1

2005-06-25 15:15:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] upgrade problems 4.5FP3-5.1
From: thoke AT northpeak DOT org (Tim Hoke)
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 14:15:03 -0500
The setting referenced is typically used when there's a firewall
between the NBU Media server and ACSLS host.  This parameter DOES exist
in 4.5 (_7_F IIRC) as well as in 5.0 (and 5.1 as mentioned).  As stated
in the 5.1 "VERITAS Media Manager Systems Administrator's Guide for
UNIX", "This entry (in conjunction with ACS_CSI_HOSTPORT and
ACS_TCP_RPCSERVICE entries) is commonly used with firewall
implementations" (see page 382).  The TechNote referenced specifically
identifies a situation where 'acsssi' doesn't come up and may even core
dump if ACS_TCP_RPCSERVICE is being used.  In that case, ACSLS
communications will fail completely.

However, I suspect that the library (ACSLS) is having a problem as
there is a response, it's just not the state NBU expects.  Check out
the library and make sure all the drives/slots/maps are in the proper
states.  Typically, this error is seen when the ACSLS system has some
action pending that NetBackup isn't aware of.

HTH
-Tim