Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Retrieving the expired image

2005-06-24 09:14:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Retrieving the expired image
From: ida3248b AT post.cybercity DOT dk (ida3248b AT post.cybercity DOT dk)
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 15:14:10 +0200
Hello

You can do vmquery -m J819L2 to see if the tape is assigned
If it is you can do vmquery -deassignid J819L2
Then you should be able to do the import phase 1+2 and the restore

If it dosn't work you read the J819L2 tape with ..netbackup/bin/tar assuming
UNIX

For nonmultipexed tape, blocksize 256k:
/usr/openv/netbackup/tar -itvf <norewind device> -b 512

For multipexed tape, blocksize 256k:
/usr/openv/netbackup/tar -iMtvf <norewind device> -b 512

Regards
Michael

On 24 Jun 2005 07:26:14 -0000, Sudharsan.N wrote
> hi,
>
> Further to my earlier mail.. some more inputs....
>
> I have 2 medias in this media pool.
>
> From the first media I tried restoring the expired images (using bpimport)
& it succeeded.But the backup I req is in the second media, when I do the
bpimport it gives the error

> # ./bpimport -create_db_info -id J819L2
> Import phase 1 started Fri Jun 24 2005 11:16:36
> INF - Create DB information for media id J819L2.
> INF - Initiation of bptm process to read media id J819L2 was successful.
> INF - Status = cannot perform specified media import operation.
> cannot import media that media id is already active on some other server  <-
- this message is coming in the activity monitor.

> But I donot see this media being accessed or used any where.However I could
run
> bpmedialist -mcontents -m J819L2 on this media & it listed all the images
in it (both expired & active ones)

> Is there any way to release this media & retreive the backup??
>
> Regards
> skn
>
> On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 Sudharsan.N wrote :
> >Hi,
> >
> >I have an expired image in one of my media.Is there any way to retrive
that? I am unable to change the expiration date of the expired images
(bpexpdate -backupid BACKUPID -d infinity).System gives the error

--
Cybercity Webhosting (http://www.cybercity.dk)