Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Installing Master server without media server

2005-06-21 10:00:36
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Installing Master server without media server
From: kwolters AT medmarkinc DOT com (Keith Wolters)
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 10:00:36 -0400

------_=_NextPart_001_01C57669.99C2464D

I am trying to migrate my NBU 5.0 Enterprise from one Sun box to
another.  I intend to pass the hostname from the old server to the next.
I am trying to follow the instructions in the troubleshooting guide but
I am getting confused.  It looks like I need to install Master server
first, do some stuff and then install Media server.  However, when I run
install it looks like there is no way to make it install just one piece.
What am I missing?

Keith

------_=_NextPart_001_01C57669.99C2464D

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
6.5.7226.0">
<TITLE>Installing Master server without media server</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I am trying to migrate my NBU 5.0 =
Enterprise from one Sun box to another.&nbsp; I intend to pass the =
hostname from the old server to the next.&nbsp; I am trying to follow =
the instructions in the troubleshooting guide but I am getting =
confused.&nbsp; It looks like I need to install Master server first, do =
some stuff and then install Media server.&nbsp; However, when I run =
install it looks like there is no way to make it install just one =
piece.&nbsp; What am I missing?</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Keith</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C57669.99C2464D--