Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] strange behaviour windows client

2005-06-20 06:13:42
Subject: [Veritas-bu] strange behaviour windows client
From: dave.markham AT fjserv DOT net (Dave Markham)
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 11:13:42 +0100
I am running netbackup 4.5MP6 on solaris connected to an L25 tape unit.
I do backup a few win2000 clients as well as solaris clients.

I just added another windows client the other day which is actually
windows2003. I added it as an xp client as first ( when adding to the
policy ) but have now changed it to win2000 as the others in case it
solved the problem im going to ask about. It didnt.

What is happening is trying a test restore i see no image listed under
the backups images bit, or if i use a date range it says no files.

Looking at the activity monitor all backups have worked and under
advanced tab is says it has backed up a few gig and took a decent time
to finish, so it doesnt point to not backing anything up.

If i do a bpimagelist -client <client> -hoursago 24 for e.g it comes
back with nothing. But if i do bpimagelist -hoursago 24 |grep -i image
i can see an image for my client.

Has anyone seen this where it seems there is no restore or image for the
client, but things point towards it backing up.

Cheers