Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] file not backing up

2005-06-17 01:40:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] file not backing up
From: song_1977 AT yahoo DOT com (Song)
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 22:40:11 -0700 (PDT)
--0-980903103-1118986811=:35405

Hi all,

I perform a test backup using NBU5.1(MP3) to backup only 1 particular directory
(eg: /tmp) and the backup completed. Now, I move 1 file from other directory
without changing the modification time (either use tar or cp -p) and perform
another cummulative incremental backup using the same policy. The result is the
new file was not been backup.

Is this normal??

Thanks.

---------------------------------
Yahoo! Sports
--0-980903103-1118986811=:35405

<DIV>Hi all,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I perform a test backup using NBU5.1(MP3) to backup only 1 particular
directory (eg: /tmp) and the backup completed. Now, I move 1 file from other
directory without changing the modification time (either use tar or cp -p) and
perform another cummulative incremental backup using the same policy. The
result is the new file was not been backup.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Is this normal??</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks.</DIV><p>
                <hr size=1>Yahoo! Sports<br>
<a
href="http://pa.yahoo.com/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=33539/*http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com?ovchn=YAH&ovcpn=Integration&ovcrn=Mail+footer&ovrfd=YAH&ovtac=AD
 ">Rekindle the Rivalries. Sign up for Fantasy Football</a>

--0-980903103-1118986811=:35405--