Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] LTO2 drive using LTO1 tape

2005-06-15 05:02:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] LTO2 drive using LTO1 tape
From: song_1977 AT yahoo DOT com (Song)
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 02:02:10 -0700 (PDT)
--0-1536401046-1118826130=:44262

Hi all,

My current setup as below :
Master server = NBU5.0 (MP3)
Media server = NBU4.5
Library = L700 (currently have 8 LTO1 drive and going to add in few LTO2 tape
drives using SSO).

Question:
1. Is it possible for LTO2 drive to backup using LTO1 tape and what's the
procedure to configure?
2. Is it possible to configure LTO2 and LTO1 tape drive in the same library to
use only LTO1 tape (for temporary till we get the LTO2 tapes)?

Thanks.

- Song

http://mail.yahoo.com
--0-1536401046-1118826130=:44262

<DIV>Hi all,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>My current setup as below :</DIV>
<DIV>Master server = NBU5.0 (MP3)</DIV>
<DIV>Media server = NBU4.5</DIV>
<DIV>Library = L700 (currently have 8 LTO1 drive and going to add in few LTO2
tape drives using SSO).</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Question:</DIV>
<DIV>1. Is it possible for LTO2 drive to backup using LTO1 tape and what's the
procedure to configure?</DIV>
<DIV>2. Is it possible to configure LTO2 and LTO1 tape drive in the same
library to use only LTO1 tape (for temporary till we get the LTO2 tapes)?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
You Yahoo!?<br>Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
--0-1536401046-1118826130=:44262--