Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Exclusion Lists

2005-06-13 12:49:57
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Exclusion Lists
From: tory.jamison AT anritsu DOT com (Jamison, Tory)
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 09:49:57 -0700

------_=_NextPart_001_01C57037.EE737DBF

Hi,

Does anybody have a list of exclusions that I can look at to build a
robust "exclude list"? I realize everybody has different needs and
what's trash to one is treasure to another but I am trying to avoid
backups that are only "partially successful" due to open files. I
inherited this backup system and the previous administrator didn't use
many exclusions. Now, management wants backup status reports daily and
they are concerned about the open file errors popping up in my report.
I've started adding the usual suspects but I would like to get this all
tidied up quickly rather than stomp these files as new ones come up
everyday. I looked through Veritas support but didn't have much luck.

Thanks in advance.

Tory Jamison

This message is intended for the use of the individual/entity to whom it =
is addressed. This message may contain privileged information exempt from=
 disclosure. If you are not the addressee,  distribution or copying of th=
is message, or dissemination of the information contained herein,  is str=
ictly prohibited. If you should receive this message in error, please des=
troy it, or return to sender.  Thank You.=20

------_=_NextPart_001_01C57037.EE737DBF

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; charset=3Dus-asci=
i">
<META NAME=3D"Generator" CONTENT=3D"MS Exchange Server version 6.5.7226.0=
">
<TITLE>Exclusion Lists</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Hi,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Does anybody have a list of exclusions t=
hat I can look at to build a robust &quot;exclude list&quot;? I realize e=
verybody has different needs and what's trash to one is treasure to anoth=
er but I am trying to avoid backups that are only &quot;partially success=
ful&quot; due to open files. I inherited this backup system and the previ=
ous administrator didn't use many exclusions. Now, management wants backu=
p status reports daily and they are concerned about the open file errors =
popping up in my report. I've started adding the usual suspects but I wou=
ld like to get this all tidied up quickly rather than stomp these files a=
s new ones come up everyday. I looked through Veritas support but didn't =
have much luck.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Thanks in advance.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Tory Jamison</FONT>
</P>

whom it is addressed. This message may contain privileged information exe=
mpt from disclosure. If you are not the addressee, distribution or copyin=
g of this message, or dissemination of the information contained herein, =
is strictly prohibited. If you should receive this message in error, plea=
se destroy it, or return to sender. Thank You. </BODY>
</HTML>=

------_=_NextPart_001_01C57037.EE737DBF--