Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Storing catalog information on a SAN

2005-06-13 12:16:14
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Storing catalog information on a SAN
From: lee.logan AT lmco DOT com (Logan, Lee (N-BAE Systems))
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 10:16:14 -0600

--Boundary_(ID_F1EGbqnE/7fDM8dE/T8N3Q)

I sent this out last week but, haven't seen it show up yet.

I want to store the catalog information on a SAN device.  I want to do
this so that I can roll in a different development release and still
have access to the catalog.  I could probably import it each time but,
don't want to do this.  I will be booting from one boot drive to
another.   The release of Netbackup (4.5) will remain the same and show
will all of the devices associated with it.  Has anybody done this or am
I safer to just backup/import the catalog each time?

Lee Logan

--Boundary_(ID_F1EGbqnE/7fDM8dE/T8N3Q)

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=us-ascii">
<META NAME="Generator" CONTENT="MS Exchange Server version 6.0.6617.58">
<TITLE>Storing catalog information on a SAN</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->

<P><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">I sent this out last week but, haven't seen it
show up yet.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">I want to store the catalog information on a SAN
device.&nbsp; I want to do this so that I can roll in a different development
release and still have access to the catalog.&nbsp; I could probably import it
each time but, don't want to do this.&nbsp; I will be booting from one boot
drive to another.&nbsp;&nbsp; The release of Netbackup (4.5) will remain the
same and show will all of the devices associated with it.&nbsp; Has anybody
done this or am I safer to just backup/import the catalog each time?</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">Lee Logan</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>

--Boundary_(ID_F1EGbqnE/7fDM8dE/T8N3Q)--