Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How to multistream SAL backups?

2005-06-10 03:37:29
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How to multistream SAL backups?
From: marcel.drunenvan AT nl.unisys DOT com (Drunen van, Marcel)
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 09:37:29 +0200
All,

We have a MS-SQL server that we backup daily. It is used by developers
who each have their own, not too big database on it. The number of
databases changes daily. I use a SQL batch that backups all databases,
but it only does that one at a time, so it takes a long time to backup
all those little databases. Who knows how I can cause multiple backups
to run in parallel, without losing the flexibility of using only one
script?

The other thing is that between two jobs there is a pause of more then
one minute, which accumulates into half an hour of unproductive time. Is
there a setting somewhere that cuts down this wait time in between jobs
on the same client?

Thanks in advance,

Marcel van Drunen
UNISYS