Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpclntcmd -hn xxxxx

2005-06-02 08:32:56
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpclntcmd -hn xxxxx
From: WebsterR AT mont.disa DOT mil (WebsterR AT mont.disa DOT mil)
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 07:32:56 -0500

------_=_NextPart_001_01C5676F.3464A3EE

We are having a very slow response when we run the bpclntcmd -hn xxxx to
resolve a forward lookup from our Master Media server to the clients we are
backing up.  It will return back to the prompt with the IP and alias, it
just takes about 5 or 6 seconds.  The bpclntcmd -ip for the same client will
return almost immediately.  We can run bpclntcmd -hn xxxx from one of our
other media servers and it returns right away.  The DNS server for our
Master Media server is (2) hops away but the delay between the switches is
very slow.  Has anyone had any experience in troubleshooting this symptom or
know if it is a DNS issue or setting on the Master Media server?  Master is
HP-UX 11.i in a cluster.

Thank you.

Randy Webster
SMC Montgomery
Veritas Administration
(334) 416-6426
DSN 596-6426

------_=_NextPart_001_01C5676F.3464A3EE

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2657.73">
<TITLE>bpclntcmd -hn xxxxx</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">We are having a very slow response =
when we run the bpclntcmd -hn xxxx to resolve a forward lookup from our =
Master Media server to the clients we are backing up.&nbsp; It will =
return back to the prompt with the IP and alias, it just takes about 5 =
or 6 seconds.&nbsp; The bpclntcmd -ip for the same client will return =
almost immediately.&nbsp; We can run bpclntcmd -hn xxxx from one of our =
other media servers and it returns right away.&nbsp; The DNS server for =
our Master Media server is (2) hops away but the delay between the =
switches is very slow.&nbsp; Has anyone had any experience in =
troubleshooting this symptom or know if it is a DNS issue or setting on =
the Master Media server?&nbsp; Master is HP-UX 11.i in a =
cluster.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Thank you.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Randy Webster</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">SMC Montgomery</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Veritas Administration</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">(334) 416-6426</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">DSN 596-6426</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C5676F.3464A3EE--