Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] performance expectations

2005-05-25 12:50:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] performance expectations
From: David_Cornely AT intuit DOT com (Cornely, David)
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 09:50:02 -0700
For that number of files I'd say you're getting excellent performance.  I've
never seen backups move that fast with that large number of files on Windows
(I don't have much experience with W2K3 though...)

These 2 things that might help:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q174619

And

http://windows.about.com/library/tips/bltip343.htm

Both are from a previous thread about this very issue.  Not sure how they
apply to 2003 but they could help.  You might also try multiple streams
based on folders within the filesystem, if possible.

-Dave