Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup 5.0 clients on OS X Tiger?

2005-05-25 09:30:41
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup 5.0 clients on OS X Tiger?
From: rob AT worman DOT org (Rob Worman)
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 08:30:41 -0500
Gene-

As far as I know, the only change in OSX 10.4 that is relevant to
NetBackup functionality is the addition of filesystem extended
attributes, e.g. ACLs.

For reference, here is some in-depth discussion of this topic in
the recent Ars Technica Tiger review:

 http://arstechnica.com/reviews/os/macosx-10.4.ars/7
 http://arstechnica.com/reviews/os/macosx-10.4.ars/8

The Netbackup code would need to be updated to capture any ACLs or
extended attributes assigned to a file.

Ignoring the topic of ACLs, I would expect the NetBackup client
software to work just fine.  (although I admit that I haven't
personally tried any NBU backups of Tiger yet.  ask me again in an
hour or two... ;-)

HTH
rob

p.s. are you sure your status 57 error couldn't be a configuration
issue?  What do you see in the client's bpcd log when this failure
occurs?