Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] LTO 1/2 compatability

2005-05-20 14:18:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] LTO 1/2 compatability
From: andrew.stueve AT neovera DOT com (Andrew Stueve)
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 14:18:02 -0400
Does anyone have real-world experience with these drives?

We just installed two LTO2 drives in an L700 that had 4 LTO1 drives.  We
don't have any LTO2 media yet.

The LTO2 drives are not being used by the server, even though they are
in the storage group.  We understand that as LTO2 drives, they probably
only wanted to use LTO2 media.  We tried to re-initialize the drives,
and defined them as LT01 drives during device configuration.  The server
would mount a LTO1 media in the drive now, but it just hangs.

Are we stuck with only using LTO2 media in the LTO2 drives?  What about
restores? LTO2 are supposed to be able to read LT01 media.

--
Andrew