Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How long does it take you do restore Catalog?

2005-05-19 09:05:55
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How long does it take you do restore Catalog?
From: Rockey.Reed AT veritas DOT com (Rockey Reed)
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 06:05:55 -0700
Comments inline

Thanks,

Rockey J. Reed

-----Original Message-----
From: veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
[mailto:veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu] On Behalf Of Marek
Gorka
Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2005 3:53 AM
To: Dean
Cc: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

Dean wrote:

> I restored a 1GB catalog from an IBM LTO2 just last week. It took less

> than 1 minute to get the data off the tape.

well that's what it's supposed to be.

Correct speed and feed.
> Why are you using the -dhost parameter? Is the catalog restore running

> on a media server, not the master?

i have several media servers and a master. this parameter just assures
that
i'm restoring the right directory to the right server name. i'm doing it
on
the master of course.

> Based on what worked for me, and what you're doing differently, try
these :
> - On the bprecover command, use device path /dev/rmt/11m (rather than
11cbn)

hm. i've always used cbn. always worked.

We recommend in writing in the Administrators guide to use CBN, and even
warn that errors may occur if not used.

> - Don't shutdown NetBackup before running the bprecover. I don't think
> did (but I might be wrong)

but when i restore the catalog - and a backup tries to run - you got
conflict which i want to avoid.

The client daemon/service is all that is required for bprecover command

--
Marek Gorka
Client Solutions