Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Throughput problem any ideas?

2005-05-16 11:39:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Throughput problem any ideas?
From: pkeating AT bank-banque-canada DOT ca (Paul Keating)
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 11:39:37 -0400
Kinda.....

The master server has two interfaces, with two different names, neither
of which is the /etc/nodename.

It actually is something like this:

/etc/nodename = mst_name

Interfaces are configured as follows:
Interface ce3 = mst_name-main1 -> x.x.x.7
Interface ce4 = mst_name-main2 -> x.x.x.9

In DNS we have A records for mst_name-main1 and mst_name-main2
DNS alias for mst_name points to x.x.x.7 (mst_name-main1)

/etc/hosts looks like:
x.x.x.7 mst_name mst_name-main1 /primary interface
X.x.x.8 mst_name_mail1-int      /primary test address for IPMP
x.x.x.9 mst_name-main2          /secondary interface
x.x.x.10        mst_name-main2-int      /secondary test address for IPMP

Every client has BOTH names as "SERVER=" entries in its bp.conf

CLIENT = clt_name
SERVER = mst_name-main1
SERVER = mst_name-main2

Paul