Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Best way to backup 3TB of data daily?

2005-05-13 19:00:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Best way to backup 3TB of data daily?
From: jkennedy AT qualcomm DOT com (Kennedy, Jeffrey)
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 16:00:32 -0700
The limit of 1tb is actually not correct anymore.  It's not an NDMP
stream limit either.  We were worried about this as well but our
operations have confirmed the limit is 2tb *on a single tape*, not a
stream.  Something to do with how much it can track in a single
location, or something like that.

In any case, Veritas says unless you have a tapes that can hold 2tb or
greater there is no limit.
We're increasing our volume sizes based on this so we'll see...

~JK