Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NDMP backups from a NetApp GFiler

2005-05-12 16:25:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NDMP backups from a NetApp GFiler
From: mjungaro AT capitolindemnity DOT com (Ungaro, Matt)
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 15:25:00 -0500
Hello all,
        I have a Windows Server 2003 system as my master/media server running
Netbackup 5.1MP2. My library is a Qualster 8466, and it is SAN attached to
the master/media server. The library has 3 drives, 2 LTO2 drives that go into
a SCSI to FC media converter, and one LTO3 drive that is direct fibre
attached to the SAN. I have set up the LTO3 drive as an NDMP storage unit,
and have added my Gfiler using set_ndmp_attr -auth <gfiler> <user>. When I
run set_ndmp_attr -verify <gfiler>, everything goes A-OK. I have set up a
policy for my gfiler using the LTO3 storage unit, specifing it as an NDMP
policy, and added, as a backup selection, /vol/vol0. When I attempt to
perform a manual full backup, I always get an error with a 219 status (the
required storage unit is unavailable.) I have verified that the tape drive
functions. So, I'm a bit at a loss here..... Wow...can't wait until NBU 6.
Thanks for any help in advance!

Matt