Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Veritas client licensing

2005-05-11 19:04:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Veritas client licensing
From: brounb AT adi-limited DOT com (Broun, Bevan)
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 23:04:00 +0000
on Wed, May 11, 2005 at 03:52:23PM -0400, Dan Logcher <dlogcher AT MIT DOT EDU>
wrote:
> Veritas's license management is pretty damn horrible.

I second every negitive comment regarding netbackup licensing. It took me
months to get my licenses sorted out and our installation is quite simple!

How difficult would it be just to add a comment field to the license
management so admins can keep track of things themselves with out the need
to go back to paper.

Veritas upgraded my licences to version 5 recently. In several cases I have
1 key that must be used in two different servers because the quantity is >=
2.

BB
--
Bevan Broun