Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Q re backup to disk & duplicate to tape

2005-05-11 01:03:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Q re backup to disk & duplicate to tape
From: joe AT joe DOT net (Johnny Oestergaard)
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 07:03:34 +0200
You should take a look on disk staging.

It seems to solve the task you describe du describe.
And it will even try to keep your disk staging unit full at all time and
only remove the images when it needs diskspace.
Duplication to tape is done automaticly

I have implemented this and it ruuns without any problem. I use NBU 5.1 MP2
on with Windows 2003 for the master and media servers.

You could also do this with vault and a normal disk unit.

/johnny