Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RMAN & Veritas Netbackup for Oracle agent

2005-05-09 15:40:23
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RMAN & Veritas Netbackup for Oracle agent
From: kpr_faq AT yahoo DOT com (Ra pa)
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 12:40:23 -0700 (PDT)
We have Netbackup Enterprise Sever 5.0 MP2 running on
master & 3 media servers with L700 Tape library. We
have around 200 databases running on Solaris. Recently
we purchased the licenses for Veritas Netbackup 5.0
for Oracle agent.DBA?s created one RMAN repository
already. Here are my questions

1.      Do I have to use RMAN to utilize the maximum
benefits of Veritas Netbackup for Oracle agent?

2.      Is there any one using Veritas Netbackup 5.0 for
Oracle agent with out RMAN??

3.      At this time if I use RMAN what is next procedure I
have to start with?

4.      Is anyone give some kind of idea what needs to be
done on the RMAN side?(I have very limited knowledge
on RMAN)

I really appreciate any input and ideas related to
RMAN & Veritas Netbackupfor Oracle agent.

Thanks for your help

Yahoo! Mail Mobile
http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail