Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 5.0 with 3.4 clients?

2005-05-09 10:32:38
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 5.0 with 3.4 clients?
From: Greg.Hindle AT constellation DOT com (Hindle, Greg)
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 10:32:38 -0400

------_=_NextPart_001_01C554A3.F2DC9644

Hi all,
We are getting ready to upgrade/rollout 5.1 here but we have some older
servers, Windows NT 4.0 running the 3.4 clients, that we do no9t want to
upgrade. These servers will retire soon and we do not want to put the
time in to get these upgraded. So my question. Will Netbackup 5.x
running on Solaris 9 backup a Windows NT box running the 3.4 client? Any
issues we should think about. I think this will work but the boss wants
confirmation that someone has tried or has this working with no issues.
Thanks!
=20
=20
Greg
=20

>>> The information contained in this e-mail transmission is privileged and=
/or confidential intended solely for the exclusive use of the individual ad=
dressee. If you are not the intended addressee you are hereby notified that=
 any retention, disclosure or other use is strictly prohibited. If you have=
 received this notification in error, please immediately contact the sender=
 and delete the material.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C554A3.F2DC9644

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dus-ascii">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2900.2627" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D109122914-09052005><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi=20
all,</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D109122914-09052005><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>We are ge=
tting ready=20
to upgrade/rollout 5.1 here but we have some older servers, Windows NT 4.0=
 running the 3.4 clients, that we do no9t want to upgrade. These servers wi=
ll=20
retire soon and we do not want to put the time in to get these upgraded. So=
 my=20
question. Will Netbackup 5.x running on Solaris 9 backup a Windows NT box=
 running the 3.4 client? Any issues we should think about. I think this wil=
l work=20
but the boss wants confirmation that someone has tried or has this working =
with=20
no issues.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D109122914-09052005><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>Thanks!</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV align=3Dleft><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV align=3Dleft><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Greg</FONT><FONT face=3DArial=
 size=3D2></FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><FONT SIZE=3D2><BR>
<BR>
<BR>
>>> The information contained in this e-mail transmission is privileged and=
/or confidential intended solely for the exclusive use of the individual ad=
dressee. If you are not the intended addressee you are hereby notified that=
 any retention, disclosure or other use is strictly prohibited. If you have=
 received this notification in error, please immediately contact the sender=
 and delete the material.<BR>
</FONT>
</BODY></HTML>

------_=_NextPart_001_01C554A3.F2DC9644--