Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Imported media expiring too soon

2005-05-06 08:43:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Imported media expiring too soon
From: Bobby.Williams AT gtsi DOT com (Bobby Williams)
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 08:43:32 -0400
You need to check to ensure that you have not "customized" any of the Retention
levels on the import machine.  I have done this on a test box where we were
doing "immediate" expirations while testing backups (it can be done).

When we imported some tapes, the retention level was at the same number that we
set the immediate to.  When the import sees the retention level on the imported
tapes as being immediate, it expires them.

I don't know how to find out the retention level on the tapes without doing the
import.

Just look at your master server and look at the table for retention times.  It
may be set at something like immediate or 1 minute or something else strange.

Bobby Williams
Sr. Systems Engineer
4250-A Benton Drive
Chattanooga, Tennessee  37406