Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Scratch Pool Usage

2005-05-03 11:52:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Scratch Pool Usage
From: errinlarsen AT hmmausa DOT com (Larsen, Errin M HMMA/IT)
Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 10:52:51 -0500
Thanks again, Paul,

  To answer some of your questions:

The NICs are foced.  There ARE two of them.  2 GB nics teamed together
(before you ask, yes, I checked, the drivers are the latest)

My backup selection list CURRENTLY looks like this: D:\, E:\

The E drive is where the majority of the data sits: about 700 GB.  The
D:\ drive is much smaller, maybe 40-50 GB.  They are separate physical
drives.  The E drive lives on a SAN, where it is a RAID 5 configured
volume.

The tape drives are IBM Ultrium LTO drives, fiber attached to the
NetBackup Master Server.  I have 8 of these in a Sun Branded L180.

I have a hard time imagining that the slow down is in the client's SAN
connection to the target drives, or the Master Server's SAN connection
to the Tape Drives.

Thanks in advance for the help.

--Errin