Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Advanced Reporter

2005-04-29 23:36:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Advanced Reporter
From: ewilts AT ewilts DOT org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 22:36:11 -0500
On Fri, Apr 29, 2005 at 05:21:10PM -0400, Steve Quan wrote:
> Another roadblock for us may be cost. How much was cost a factor in
> choosing the monitoring/reporting tool chosen by your site ?

For us it ended up not being as much of a factor as I anticipated.  I
was actually surprised.  With the vendors we did the evals with, Bocada
and Aptare, we were able to generate reports for management using our
actual backup data and that helped sell it.  They like pretty pictures
:-).  Seriously, my manager uses it for graphs these days more than I
do.  I still end up visiting the portal at least weekly, but not as
regularly now as I used to.  I still can't live without it though.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts AT ewilts DOT org