Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Length of History Info

2005-04-29 11:13:22
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Length of History Info
From: ewilts AT ewilts DOT org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 10:13:22 -0500
On Fri, Apr 29, 2005 at 08:20:36AM -0500, Larsen, Errin M HMMA/IT wrote:
>   I'm wondering if there is any way to increase the amount of past jobs
> information that NetBackup keeps and displays in the Activity Monitor.
> Right now, it looks like NetBackup keeps information from the last 800
> or so jobs.  Can I increase this somehow to the last 1500 jobs?  or is
> it date based?  And if so, can I increase the number of days kept?

As others have said, you can increase the active data by a bit but I
don't believe it's practical to keep the information for a very long
time.  For long-term data, use a product like Aptare's StorageConsole -
I've got details on my jobs going back to last summer and can quickly
generate reports on that data.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts AT ewilts DOT org